If you have decided to buy the very first pair of cowboy boots, there are many venues to get them. These shoes are a great addition to your wardrobe. Keep in mind that buying cowboy boots is not a simple task; it takes some research.
A.A. Callister notes that paying attention to a few details can help you find the right pair of men's cowboy boots on sale.
Picking the Right Pair
- Materials: Cowboy boots are available in a range of materials, such as suede, snakeskin, lizard, alligator, and other skins, including cowhide and faux leather. Do your research before choosing one.
- Toe shape: This is another item to look at while buying. Customers have a choice of classic, pointed, rounded, square, and broad square toe shapes. This is important, as the shape of the foot will help in determining comfort.
- Heel height: Be aware that whether you buy cowboy boots online or in a store, every pair comes with heels. Men’s shoe heels range from ¾ of an inch to about 1¾ inches. It is possible to custom order shoes with higher heels, depending on your choice and taste.
- Construction: Pay attention to how the boot is made before buying. As they have many layers and different materials are used to make the shoes, stitching and soles play a key role in the decision. Make sure you have room to move your feet and that they can breathe easily.
- Types: Men’s cowboy boots come in different types – work, riding, roper, and fashion boots. The first three are meant for rough use and fashion boots are made from exotic materials. These are not so practical for those who want to use them for doing tough work.
If you already own a pair of cowboy boots and want to buy another pair, try to get the same brand if possible. If you like another brand, be sure to check out their return and exchange policies. Keep in mind that cowboy boots are not the easiest to wear due to their shape and construction. These boots are usually considered an investment, so get the pair you want and make a strong fashion statement.